It’s Mother’s Day! I usually don’t get too into the holiday, but after last year’s Mother’s Day, I wanted to make sure this one was good. Nothing too terrible happened, you know, just my kids throwing a fit about dressing in regular clothes so took me to lunch wearing their pajamas.
But Mother’s Day has been different the past three years. I haven’t been home to celebrate with my mom. So this year, I wanted to pay special tribute to her because she truly is amazing. So I just wanted to share some of the reasons why I love my mom so much.
One of the biggest reasons I love my mom so much is that She is strong because of her faith in God. My mom is one of the most God fearing women you will ever meet! Even though it’s not always easy for her, she puts her faith in God daily. She truly loves the Lord, and because of this, everything below comes from that.
My mom is one of the strongest people I know. When I was in 6th grade, my mom was diagnosed with acute myeloid leukemia. I don’t think I will ever forget it as it forever changed my life. But being so young I was so amazed at how strong my mom is. My mom became sick from the chemotherapy and bone marrow transplant which made her body so weak, but she was still so strong and kept fighting and won. For the past three years, she has been suffering from serious pain. She had had surgery on both of her SI joints all within one year hoping to fix the pain. She has been to pain management doctors and has had every test under the sun performed on her to figure it out, and they haven’t. Every day she battles with pain, but by the grace of God, she remains strong.
If you were to look up the word kind in Websters Dictionary, you would see a picture of my mom. She may be the kindest person you will ever meet. She always thinks of others. I always can’t believe how much she thinks about the little things. It could be her friend’s favorite piece of chocolate, and she will just scoop one up in the store to give to them. She is always interested in everyone else. Truly, she is just kind in every way, and if she has ever felt like she wasn’t kind to you, she will ask for forgiveness even when you think it was nothing at all. She is always kind even when people don’t deserve her kindness.
These are the big three for me! But mom, here are some of the other things I love about you:
- You love my dad.
- You are an amazing mother-in-law who truly loves her son-in-law.
- You are an amazing grandma.
- You take care of your parents (my grandparents), and no one had to ask you.
- You are always there for me, no matter what I do.
- You let me spoil you, sometimes.
- You taught me everything about forgiveness.
- You have a contagious laugh.
- You even laugh at yourself.
- You still baby me when I’m sick, no matter how old I get.
- You support me no matter what I do.
- You showed me what it takes to be a great mom.
- You always make our birthdays a big deal and something special.
- You helped me dye my hair platinum blonde, and then we both laughed.
- You made me loads of custom dresses so I would never match anyone else.
- You and dad took Jessie and me on awesome trips.
- You found me on said trips every time I got lost.
- You took me to all my softball games and practices.
- You and dad let Aaron, the kids and I come and be a hurricane in your house for long periods of time.
- You always make people feel welcome.
- You’re always honest in the kindest and most gentle way even when you don’t want to hear it.
- You’re the glue that holds the entire family together.
- You’re always encouraging.
- You give Godly advice, not what your heart desires.
- Your ability to grow crazy thing from your compost and keep it alive!
- You taught me to cook!
- You read my blog.
- You took my dog, Duncan, in and loved him like her own.
- You never take anything for granted.
- You taught us how to love others.
- You have a huge heart!
- You bake really good cakes!
- You also give really good hugs.
- You are a lot wiser than you give yourself credit for.
- You love sports.
- You decorate the house for every occasion.
- You love hearts and get excited every time you see one.
- You supported us every minute we lived in Jakarta.
- You love me unconditionally even after I have your loads of gray hairs.
- Most of all, cause you’re my mom. I don’t deserve you but you love me, and I love you!
I’m sure there are a billion other reasons why I love you mom, but I figured you should at least know a few.